Add to Technorati Favorites

Chag Sameach!!

We are in full holiday mode here--all the stores are having sales, and people are sprucing up their homes. Mine is still spruced from last year, so I can save my money except for the gifts I will take to my hosts. At least this year I know the customs (bring something for the household--pretty plate, table runner, flowering plant or something else nice) and will have Chag Pesach lunch at the same place I had it last year--Janine and Danny Gelley's. They have kindly invited me so many times that I feel like part of the family. AND Janine always asks me to sing, so this year I will be warmed up and ready with something I haven't sung for them before (don't know what yet, but they are South African, so I can sing in English--good time for Gershwin or Arlen!)

My seder will be at the home of one of the rabbis at Beit Daniel. Typical of all invitations here, he truly was happy that I would be there. Of course, he said something about leading the songs, so I hope I know some! It will be a wonderful to experience a Progressively religious seder here!

I wish you chag sameach, a happy and kosher Passover, and may you liberate yourselves from whatever slavery exists in your lives. And may we all remember those who need freedom, all over the world.

And if you are not one of "my people" happy Spring, healing, growth and happiness!

No comments: