Add to Technorati Favorites

The Galron Singers

We performed last night at the Cultural Center in Rishon Letzion last night, the longest performance we have made in a while. I still know only about 85% of the words, but the words I know, I understand (mostly!) This time we performed a few songs that we have learned together (as opposed to me trying to catch up.) One was a rock-and-roll medley of songs by Yehudit Ravitz, and a medley of French chansons, that builds up to me singing "La Vie En Rose" to new Hebrew lyrics, very loud. We had to do an encore, which really never is done here, after a performance like this one. It was a great success.

Before the performance we had an hour and a half of that distinctly Israeli experience--singing together, with a pianist, and the words projected on the screen. I only knew a few of these songs, but it was such pleasure to hear an auditorium filled with people singing their heads off, just for fun! One of the few songs I knew was "HaFinjan" which was led by the very elderly man who wrote the words!

Click on the link below, or above this post, and visit Galron's English website (translated by me!) You will be able to hear some of our music, and you can leave a comment for me by picking Members, then clicking on my photo. It would be so so nice to hear your comments! And sign the guest book, too--just be sure to scroll down to see the options (and the scroll bar is on the left, the Hebrew way!)

http://www.galronsingers.com/index.php

No comments: